<$BlogRSDURL$>

from a public HS teacher (Gov't, Religion, Soc. Issues), who is eclectic (Dem-leaning) politically and Quaker (& open) on everything else. Hope you enjoy what you find here.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

And after a few days ..... 

I have not been able to post for a variety of reasons. I have been very sick, beginning this past Saturday, when we returned from Charlottesville, where we went so Jurretta could listen to and meet Al Weed, who is running an uphill race as a Democrat against Virgil Goode in Virginia's 5th CD. I am helping (remotely, via the net) with this campaign, since our district is not competitive.

But I have not been near full strength since Saturday morning --- it is now midday on Wednesday. I went about 30 hours unable to keep down anything solid, and am still having major sinus problems.

Much of note in the news, especially the interview with Richard Clarke and the release of his book. It is becoming increasingly clear to a larger section of the American news media and also to the public how unfocused and unconcerned about terrorism this administration was, perhaps criminally so. How that will play out in the elections remains to be seen, but what is becoming clear is that the perception of this president as "strong on terrorism" has been a well-manufactured myth that is now being shattered, not only to the public here, but to elite opinion overseas as well. That may contribute to a diminution of support the exceeds that caused by the Al Qaeda attacks in Madrid.

I really wish I could write what is in my mind and on my heart, but this forum is far too public. Let it suffice to say that I am now deeply saddened. So far it has remained unnoticed here at school, and I hope that I can maintain some element of privacy in that respect.

And now, I must help some of this students, who seem incapable of following simple and clear instructions.



FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME OFFLINE at kber@earthlink.net Comments, suggestions and even rude remarks are welcomed! Preface any messages with "teacherken" so I know they are not spam.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?